Website Terms of Service and Use
Last updated: January 2022
The GeoGebra GmbH is located in Linz, Austria ("we", "our" or "us"). We develop and support the GeoGebra dynamic mathematics software application, including its source code, installers, web applications and services, language files and associated documentation ("GeoGebra" or "the Software"). We operate GeoGebra (and publish its related resources) through our website located at .
Please note that we license the GeoGebra Software separately and you may only use the Software under the terms of a relevant License agreement. The License agreement which applies to you depends on your use of the Software, which can be summarised as follows:
- You are free to copy, distribute and transmit GeoGebra for non-commercial purposes. Non-commercial use is subject to the terms of our Non-Commercial License Agreement.
- Any use of GeoGebra for a commercial purpose is subject to and requires a special licence. If you intend to use GeoGebra for a commercial purpose, please contact email@example.com to arrange a License and Collaboration Agreement with us.
Some guidelines for determining what constitutes "commercial" and "non-commercial" use are available via this link: License, although please note that this is not intended to create an exhaustive list of commercial or non-commercial use. If you are in any doubt as to which license you require please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- These Website Terms refer to our "House Rules" (set out in the appendix below), which also apply to your use of our Websites. When using our Websites, you must comply with these House Rules.
- The materials on our Websites, such as documents, files, text and graphics ("Website Content") are protected by copyright laws, trade mark laws and treaties around the world, and all intellectual property rights in the Website Content are the property of GeoGebra GmbH or a third party associated with us. All such rights are reserved. "GEOGEBRA" and other proprietary marks are trade marks of the GeoGebra GmbH.
- We grant you permission to use the Website Content under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-ShareAlike license (version 3.0 or later), the current text of which can be found via this link: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/legalcode. Attribution (as required by that Creative Commons license) should take the form of (at least) a mention of our name, an appropriate copyright notice and a link to our website located at . You must not use any part of the Website Content for any commercial purpose without obtaining a License to do so from us. Use of existing "authored" materials published on our website are similarly subject to attribution, to include the name of the author(s) and link or hyperlink to the material itself. For example, "Created with GeoGebra, by [name of author of material]".
- We may update our Websites from time to time, and may change any of the Website Content at any time. We make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the Website Content is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
- The Website Content is made available free of charge. As such, we do not guarantee that our Websites, or any Website Content, will always be available or your use of the Website Content will be uninterrupted. Access to our Websites and Website Content is permitted on a temporary basis only and is made available on an "AS IS" basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our Websites without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our Websites (or any Website Content) are unavailable at any time or for any period.
- To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our Websites or any Website Content, whether express or implied. We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with your use of, or inability to use, our Websites or your use of or reliance on any Website Content, PROVIDED THAT nothing in these Website Terms shall restrict or exclude any liability that we have to any party which cannot be excluded by law.
- We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked to or from our Websites (whether linked to by us or by any third party including links placed by users of our website). Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
- If you are provided with a username and/or password or any other piece of information as part of our registration procedures, you must treat such information as confidential and in particular must not disclose it to any third party. We have the right to disable any username or password (whether chosen by you or allocated by us) at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Website Terms including the House Rules. If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your password, you must promptly notify us at email@example.com.
- Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our Websites, or to make contact with other users of our Websites, you must comply with the content standards set out in our House Rules. Any content you upload to our Websites will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and by uploading the content you grant us the right and license to use, copy, distribute and disclose it to third parties for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our Websites constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy. We will not be responsible or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our Websites. We have the right to remove any posting you make on our Websites if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our House Rules. The views expressed by other users on our Websites do not represent our views or values.
- We will use reasonable endeavours to ensure that our Websites do not contain or propagate any viruses or other malicious code although we do not guarantee that our Websites will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. It is recommended that you should virus-check all Website Content you may download. We exclude to the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws all liability in connection with any damage or loss caused by viruses or other malicious code originating or contracted from our Websites. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Websites, the server on which our Websites are stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Websites. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Websites will cease immediately.
- To contact us about our Websites or any Website Content please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the event that any term of these Website Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder of these Website Terms shall remain valid and enforceable.
- We reserve the right to vary these Website Terms from time to time. Such variations become effective immediately upon the posting of the varied Website Terms on our Websites. By continuing to use the Websites you will be deemed to accept such variations.
- These Website Terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with Austrian law and the courts of Austria shall have jurisdiction over any dispute arising from them.
Last updated: January 2022
These House Rules set out our expectations for how users should use our Websites and in particular the behaviour we expect within our user forums and when our users post their own content on our Websites.
- You agree not to use our Websites:
- for any commercial or business purpose without our prior written consent;
- to create a database (electronic or otherwise) that includes material downloaded or otherwise obtained from our Websites, except where expressly permitted on our Websites;
- to transmit or re-circulate any material obtained from our Websites to any third party except where expressly permitted on our Websites;
- in such a way as to remove the copyright or trade mark notice(s) from any copies of any material made in accordance with the Website Terms;
- to disseminate any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;
- to disseminate any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- in any way that might infringe third party rights or that might bring GeoGebra or any of its associates or subsidiaries into disrepute;
- to harm minors in any way;
- to disseminate any material which is abusive, defamatory or obscene, may harass, offend or inconvenience any person, applauds, encourages or entices abuse, discrimination or criminal activity or which might restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the website by any person;
- to disseminate any material not suitable for children, namely containing Violence (both realistic and cartoon / fantasy), Sexual content or nudity (graphical or textual), Profanity or crude humor, Alcohol, tobacco, or drug use or references, Mature/suggestive themes, Simulated gambling, Frightening content, horror/fear themes;
- to post link(s) that take users to material that contravenes any of the above restrictions.
- On certain parts of our Website we may require you to register and provide certain information about yourself and where you do this you agree to:
- provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the relevant registration form (such information being the "Registration Data") and
- maintain and promptly update the Registration Data (by sending an appropriately worded email to email@example.com) to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
- The registration processes on our Websites may involve you being allocated with a unique username and/or password that gives you access to your website account. You are responsible for all activities that occur through your website account. You agree to
- immediately notify us if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your password or website account or any other breach of security by sending an appropriately worded email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and
- ensure that you exit from your website account at the end of each session. We cannot and will not be liable for any loss of damage arising from your failure to comply with these requirements.
- We are concerned about the safety and privacy of all its users, particularly children. For this reason, parents or teachers who wish to allow their children or pupils access to our Websites should supervise their access. As a child's legal guardian it is your responsibility to determine whether any of the services and/or content are appropriate for your child or pupil.
Use of GeoGebra User-Content Pages
- The User-Content Pages and any discussion forums or pages of our Websites where you are capable of posting material are provided for your private and non-commercial use and for the exchange or lawful, relevant, fair and appropriate information, opinions and comment. Use of our Websites that is inconsistent with those stated purposes is strictly prohibited. Further, your use of these forums and our Websites generally is subject to the terms and conditions set out in our main Website Terms.
- Any material you upload to our Websites will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
- In relation to this context, you acknowledge and agree:
- that we accept no responsibility for any statements, materials or other submissions placed on the User-Content Pages by you or any third party, or for any loss or damage resulting from your breach of the restrictions set out in our Website Terms; and
- to indemnify us, our associated companies, representatives and employees from any and all claims and liabilities (including legal fees) which arise from your statements, contributions or other submissions to our online forums, from any unauthorised use of material obtained from our online forums or otherwise from your breach of the restrictions set out in the Website Terms.
- If you object to the publication of any material placed on our Websites please let us know by sending an appropriately worded email to email@example.com and we will take whatever action we deem appropriate.
Removal of content
- We will not view, edit or pre-screen any contribution that you or anyone else make to the User-Content Pages or to our Websites generally and therefore, unless we are specifically notified of the nature of any item of content, you cannot assume that we are responsible for having made it available on the Websites. We, and others that we designate, shall have the right (but not the obligation) at our sole discretion to refuse or remove any content that is posted to, or available on, the forums or our Websites without the need to give any reasons for doing so.
Changes and updates
- We reserve the right to change these Terms of Service at our sole discretion. GeoGebra users will be informed of any such change by posting the new ones on the Website. The effective date of any change will be clearly marked. If we make material changes to these terms, we will notify you by email and by means of a notice on our Website.
If you have any questions about GeoGebra’s Terms of Service, please feel free to write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responsible for Content, Pictures & Copyright
Value Added Tax Identification Number: ATU68284947
Company Registration Number: FN 406613 k
Register Court: Linz, Austria
Member of "Wirtschaftskammer O?"
Management: Markus Hohenwarter, CEO